Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Prelim LR

1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class.

Teacher Feedback

-Good voice-over.
-Jump-cuts communicate meaning and mental state of the character.
-the effect worked-could've looked bad but it worked well.

class feedback

www:
-good camera-work
-good special effect
-voice over
-good music choice
-comedic element
-editing
-narration

Ebi:

-acting needs to be better
-too many pauses

2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points and three EBI bullet points for your TV drama scene.

WWW



  • Voice over was effective and created a narrative
  • editing for effect was a good aspect
  • camera work
EBI

  • Acting
  • Too many pauses
3) How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your mini preliminary exercise statement of intent?

I effectively completed the mini-prelim as I showed the character Daryl and his life at home, as well as the way he manifested his powers for the first time showing confusion and shock.


4) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?
I learnt that I had to finish my filming quick so that I could focus on the editing for a longer time as I had to create complex SFX such as the teleportation as I will using even more SFX in my official trailer.


5) Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, will you change anything in your actual TV drama trailer? This could include narrative, character and script or technical elements such as mise-en-scene, camerawork and sound.


I will keep everything the same but in my real trailer I will show the other main characters and their abilities as well as showing other characters like Jay and the agents who would make my trailer exciting with the diverse character selection. My narrative in the trailer will be a gradual showing of special abilities in combination with conflict between character emphasising the drama aspect. My full script was not shown as I only had 30 seconds but the full scene of my preliminary task will not be in my trailer. The sounds will also be dynamic as I will have more base in the music and have a techno synth style of beat. Lastly, I'll have wide range of shots like I did in my preliminary, this time using more angles such as a high angles and low angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment