Wednesday, November 6, 2019

feedback and learner response Statement of intent


·         This is a brilliant concept with a detailed narrative and serious character development. However, this isn’t a statement of intent – it is your TV drama pitch (part of the summer project). Check the guidance for the statement of intent and re-write this into the correct format.
·         Use bullet points, subheadings or similar if you wish to organise your statement.
·         I don’t think you can include as much narrative and character and stay within the word count. Instead, you need to include specific media language plans (camera shots, sound, mise-en-scene, editing).
·         You need a section on representations you plan to create and how you will reinforce or subvert stereotypes.
·         No reference to the culture magazine print aspect – this is half the coursework brief!

Next steps:

·         Copy and paste this feedback to your Media 2 coursework blog with the title ‘Statement of Intent feedback and learner response’.
·         As your learner response, pick out the three improvements/changes you need to make to your Statement of Intent.
·         Re-draft your statement of intent using Microsoft Word. Sort out the organisation and use the guidance available to ensure all aspects are covered.


Improvements:

  • I will add a paragraph on representation and show how the main characters reinforce and subvert society.
  • I will use bullet points so I can shorten my statement of intent and make it more straightforward
  • I need to reference my culture magazine print as I had missed it out
  • Also I will reference my actual trailer and talk about specific shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment